- To be a center of excellence in the field of Computer Science and Engineering along with imparting proficient and adaptable technological resources for the well being of mankind.
- To achieve professional excellence by promoting an academic environment conducive to research and innovative ideas in order to meet the needs of ever changing IT industry and society.
The department introduced a new branch of computer Science & Engineering with the name Artificial Intelligence (CAI) to meet with the latest advancement in Machine Learning and Deep Learning on par with the industrial needs. CAI is a new branch introduced for the year 2020 in Ravindra College of Engineering for Women with an intake of 60.
Artificial intelligence (AI) is wide-ranging branch of computer science concerned with building smart machines capable of performing tasks that typically require human intelligence. AI is an interdisciplinary science with multiple approaches, but advancements in machine learning and deep learning are creating a paradigm shift in virtually every sector of the tech industry.
The field of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Algorithms encompasses Computer Science & Engineering, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Python code, Math, Psychology, neuroscience, data science and many other disciplines.
- To have an appreciation for the engineering issues underlying the design of AI systems.
- To have a basic proficiency in a traditional AI language including an ability to write simple to intermediate programs and an ability to understand code written in that language.
- To have an understanding of the basic issues of knowledge representation, that play an important role in AI programs.
- To have a basic understanding of some of the more advanced topics of AI such as learning, natural language processing, agents and robotics, expert systems, and planning.