- To be a center of excellence in computer science and engineering education, research, consultancy and industry outreach services for creating proficient and adaptable technological resources for the wellbeing of mankind.
- To deliver computer science engineering professionals with global standards by imparting quality education, providing state-of-the-art infrastructure, and promoting inter-institute and industry-institute interactions.
- To persistently strive for achieving excellence in computing disciplines. It is being pursued through its spectrum of academic programmes in computing of contemporary standards. The sustained effort is to produce computing graduates with potential to design and develop systems involving the integration of software and hardware devices; innovative approaches to programming and problem solving as well as creative ways to use Computers; Large scale software systems; and computing infrastructure of an organization.
The department introduced a new branch of computer Science & Engineering with the name Artificial Intelligence (CAI) to meet with the latest advancement in Machine Learning and Deep Learning on par with the industrial needs. CAI is a new branch introduced for the year 2020 in Ravindra College of Engineering for Women with an intake of 60.
Artificial intelligence (AI) is wide-ranging branch of computer science concerned with building smart machines capable of performing tasks that typically require human intelligence. AI is an interdisciplinary science with multiple approaches, but advancements in machine learning and deep learning are creating a paradigm shift in virtually every sector of the tech industry.
The field of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Algorithms encompasses Computer Science & Engineering, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Python code, Math, Psychology, neuroscience, data science and many other disciplines.
- To have an appreciation for the engineering issues underlying the design of AI systems.
- To have a basic proficiency in a traditional AI language including an ability to write simple to intermediate programs and an ability to understand code written in that language.
- To have an understanding of the basic issues of knowledge representation, that play an important role in AI programs.
- To have a basic understanding of some of the more advanced topics of AI such as learning, natural language processing, agents and robotics, expert systems, and planning.